THERE ARE MANY REASONS TO BECOME A UNIVERSITY OF KENTUCKY STUDENT:
• UK has 8 NCAA Men’s Basketball Championships, the most recent in 2012.
• UK is one of only seven universities in the U.S. to offer the full range of academic programs on one, centrally located campus – Agriculture, Architecture, Business, Engineering, Law, Medicine, Nursing, and Pharmacy.
• UK’s 33,000 students represent 104 countries.
• Students can choose from more than 200 majors and degree programs.
• UK’s student to faculty ratio is 18-to-1.
• UK has more than 500 student organizations and state-of-the-art facilities
• Tuition is highly competitive compared with other benchmark institutions.
• The tenth most educated city in the U.S.
• The number one city in the U.S. for finding a job
• Top ten city for recent college graduates
• Top ten city for its vibrant economy, reasonable living costs and great amenities
K WEEK INTERNATIONAL STUDENT ORIENTATION
Following K Week International Orientation, UK hosts New Student Orientation for all incoming students. It’s a week of fun with events that celebrate every new University of Kentucky student. With free t-shirts and food at almost every event, the hardest decision is picking what to do next!
The University of Kentucky has finished a $460 million housing project, opening brand new residence halls that offer state-of-the-art, high-tech living, learning and research spaces to propel the work of students, faculty and staff. With a $201 million Student Center opening in 2018, students will be better equipped than ever before.
The Johnson Center offers facilities available for basketball‚ weight training and conditioning‚ group fitness classes‚ climbing‚ volleyball‚ badminton‚ jogging‚ racquetball‚ and wallyball.
The Lancaster Aquatic Center contains lightning fast competition swimming courses and world class diving facilities.
UK also offers several outdoor recreation areas for basketball, tennis, baseball, soccer, and many other outdoor activities. Many students join intramural teams and compete in sports such as flag football and badminton.
With over 500 clubs and student organizations to choose from, you’re sure to find some common ground with your fellow Wildcats.
International Ambassador Scholarships
DEADLINE: FEBRUARY 15
Minimum ACT score is 25 or SAT (M+CR) is 1200
Min. GPA 3.00 unweighted high school GPA.
DEADLINE: FEBRUARY 15
Minimum GPA 2.5
DEADLINE: DECEMBER 1
UNDERGRADUATE ACADEMIC REQUIREMENTS
SAT is optional (required for engineering and academic scholarships)
• Fall (August): May 15
GRADUATE ACADEMIC REQUIREMENTS
Official GRE or GMAT test scores
Individual programs have varying deadlines and requirements.
For more information visit the Graduate School.
TUITION AND COSTS
|Tuition||Room and Board||Books and Health Ins||TOTAL|